Considering cosmetic surgery? Here is your guide
Cosmetic surgery is any procedure or treatment designed to improve, enhance or otherwise positively change a person’s appearance.
The face is usually considered the main part of your identity and is typically the part of the body that gets noticed the most when in public. Here at Cosmedic & Skin Clinic, Dr John Flynn and his team offer a range of surgical and non-surgical facial procedures that can help to enhance, restore and can refresh your look. The surgical procedures on offer include:
- Ear Surgery –the correction of the size and positioning of the ears to result in a more aesthetic improvement.
- Neck Lift Surgery – the correcting of excess skin and fatty tissue that causes the appearance of the turkey neck. The result gives a firmer facial contour.
- Brow Lift – the repositioning of the soft tissue from around the brow and eye region.
- Thread Lift – improving loose facial skin as well as regaining and enhancing features that have been lost due to premature ageing.
- Mini Face Lift – similar to a full-face lift except it doesn’t address the support tissues. It is often the go-to treatment for patients wanting a more youthful look through tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, skin folds as well as sagging skin.
- Face Lift –this surgery allows for a more youthful look by tightening the skin and removing skin folds and sagging skin. Because this lift also includes the support tissue as well as the skin layer, the result will last much longer and does not cause that “windblown” plastic look. The aim is for a natural, refreshed looking softness.
- Eyelid Surgery – Being one of the most requested cosmetic surgery procedures, the eyelid surgery focuses on the removal of bags underneath the eyes as well as drooping eyelids. Some of these can result in disturbed vision.
Breast surgery is usually undertaken as patients want to enhance their bust as well as not only improving comfort but also achieve a more aesthetically pleasing body. Here at Cosmedic & Skin Clinic, Dr John Flynn and his team offers a range of surgeries for both male and females. These are:
- Male Breast Reduction – Also known as Gynecomastia removal, the male breast reduction focuses on treating enlarged breasts on men by removing excess breast tissue or localised fat. This can result in achieving smaller breasts as well as restoring more of a masculine look.
- Nipple Reduction – A nipple reduction focuses on enlarged or uneven nipples which may be a natural occurrence or something occurring after pregnancy.
- Breast Reduction – Also known as reduction mammoplasty, female breast reduction focuses on reducing the volume, lifting and reshaping the breasts. It involves the removal of excess breast and fatty tissue and resulting in more shapelier breasts.
- Breast Lift – As Part of the overall female ageing process, breasts can often sag and droop. A breast lift focuses on improving the overall shape and positioning of the breast to offer a more balanced look and feel.
- Breast Augmentation – A breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that is usually undertaken by women who are wanting to increase the volume of their breasts while also providing a balance to the current body shape. A variety of breast implant sizes and shapes are available.
Here at Cosmedic & Skin Clinic, Dr John Flynn and his team offers several different procedures that focuses on the specific area. These include:
- Skin Tightening – Skin tightening is usually undertaken by patients who are wanting to not just improve body contour but also looking at a procedure that enhances the overall elasticity of the skin.
- Labiplasty – Known as an intimate form of surgery, it focuses on the reduction of the labia minora (lips) of the vagina and, aims to correct any irregularities or misshapenness.
- Fat Transfer – The process of a fat transfer is to harvest living fat cells from other parts of the body and transferring them into another region. The common fat cells that are transferred includes the thighs, buttocks and abdomen by a liposuction procedure.
- Liposuction – A liposuction focuses on the removal of subcutaneous fats from many different areas of the body including the thighs, hips, abdomen as also upper arms, neck and knees.
- Tummy Tuck – Also known as an abdominoplasty, the surgical procedures involve the removal of excess fat and skin from around the abdomen (including the middle and lower parts) and sometimes muscle tightening when necessary.
- Arm Lift Surgery – Commonly known as brachioplasty, the procedure focuses on the removal of excess fat deposits and loose skin from underneath the upper arm.
Asking Questions Before Surgery
Before undergoing any surgical procedures, it is important that you ask your doctor as many questions as possible as many of these surgical procedures are irreversible. Some of the commonly asked questions include:
- What are the risks associated with the procedure?
- What are your qualifications as a doctor?
- How much will be the total costs of the surgical procedure?
- What post-surgery care will be required?
- How many successful procedures have you performed?
Choosing A Qualified Cosmetic Surgeon
When choosing a cosmetic surgeon there are a few questions you should ask. Importantly, don’t be afraid to ask these, as any qualified surgeon should have no problem answering them:
- Are you a Member of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery?
- How many times have you performed this procedure before and in the last year?
- What are the risks associated with the procedure and what is your own complication rate?
- What are the alternatives to the procedure being considered?
- Can I see photographs of the results of your own patients who looked similar to me before their surgery?
- Can I see photographs of the kind of results it will be impossible for me to achieve?
Choosing Cosmedic & Skin Clinic for Cosmetic Surgery
When you choose Dr John Flynn and the experienced team at Cosmedic & Skin Clinic to perform your cosmetic surgery, you are choosing a team of professionals who prides themselves with the utmost level of care and respect. Not only do we have an experienced team, but you also have a senior cosmetic surgeon in Dr John Flynn who has over 20 years’ experience in procedures and understanding your concerns and desires.
If you are thinking about cosmetic surgery and want a team with a wealth of experience, consider us and contact us to find out more or to book a consultation with Dr John Flynn.